- Professional and Permanent
- Temporary & Contract
- SELECT Temps
- Job Seeker Information
Have questions about getting paid? View the tips and information below.
If you are working on a temporary assignment with SELECT, you will be asked to complete a weekly time sheet and get it to our office - in person or by fax - by Monday at 4:30pm. You are paid weekly, every Friday, by direct deposit. Please see our Time Sheet section for a more detailed explanation on how to fill out your time sheet.
The pay rates we offer are determined by our clients and vary by assignment. Pay levels differ at each company and are based on location, job description, candidate experience, and market conditions. Your SELECT consultant will discuss your pay rate with you.
As per Alberta Labour Standards, overtime is paid if you work more than 8 hours a day or 44 hours per week, whichever is greater. Always get approval from your on-site supervisor before working any overtime, it MUST be approved in order for you to get paid.
There are a number of qualifiers that are unique to temp employees:
- You are normally scheduled to work the day on which a stat holiday falls
- You have worked with SELECT for at least 30 full-time shifts within the last year
- You have worked 5 of the previous 9 days (same day of work, eg: Monday)
- You have worked your "normally scheduled work day" prior to and following the stat holiday
If you have any questions/concerns, your SELECT consultant would be more than happy to discuss them with you.