- Professional and Permanent
- Temporary & Contract
- SELECT Temps
- Job Seeker Information
Job Search Resources
You never get a second chance to make a great first impression! Make sure you put your best foot forward. View the links below for helpful job search information:
The resume is your most important job search tool. It is often the first point of contact between you and a potential employer. Ensure that your resume fully represents all that you have to offer. Refer to our resume section for further details on how to make your resume the best it can be!
Traditional job search strategies are not always the most effective. Employ new methods of identifying potential opportunities. Networking can be one of the most successful ways of tapping into the hidden job market in your area. Many job openings are never formally advertised. Utilize technology in terms of online job boards and company websites. Register with a staffing agency like SELECT, and become eligible for the array of positions and services we have to offer. Treat your job search as though it is a full time job requiring you to give it your all. Your efforts will pay off!
Prepare for the interview:
- Research the employer - what do they do, where are they located, etc.
- Find out if you should anticipate a one-on-one, or a panel session
- Know the information you are presenting on your resume inside and out
- Anticipate the types of questions you may be asked and prepare potential answers
- Have 1 or 2 questions ready to ask the interviewer(s) in case an opportunity arises
- Dress professionally
- Arrive no more than 10-15 minutes before the interview
- Do NOT chew gum, bring a cell phone, or someone else with you to the interview
- Smile, look confident, and great the interviewer with a firm handshake
- Answer all questions honestly, and with more than a 'yes' or 'no'
- Be prepared to give examples of past situations from your prior work experiences
- Thank the interviewer(s) for their time and inquire as to when you might hear from them
- Send the interviewer(s) a thank you note/letter
- Follow up with the interviewer(s) if you haven't heard from them
Seek assistance from career development professionals. They can provide you with helpful tips, advice, resume assistance, and perhaps even leads to potential jobs. Check out the following links for valuable job search information and assistance:
Operations Manager #40WP
January 16, 2013
Read More …
Our client, a well-established and highly regarded Canadian company, is seeking an Operations Manager for its Lethbridge food processing facility. This is the senior level position in Lethbridge, Alberta that you have been waiting for! It represents a solid opportunity to excel in a proactive, positive environment and put your leadership and oil extraction technical background to excellent use. This role is responsible for the overall management of the Processing division, encompassing the production team, adherence to health/safety/quality standards, cost control and improving production efficiency/effectiveness. In addition, this role oversees the processing operation itself including receiving/cleaning, crushing/extraction and refining. A solid background in production leadership and oilseed extraction operations specifically is required. If you know someone who would be ideal for this position, please let us know about them! If they are successful in the competition, we will reward you with CA$H – read on for full details. Required Qualifications * Experience in oilseed extraction or oilseed management (canola, soy, sunflower)– this is a definite requirement, please ensure that you possess this qualification before applying. * Bachelor’s Degree * 5 years Operational Management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience, particularly in an oilseed extraction facility * An understanding of PLCs , Computer Management Systems & financial reporting * Experience with employee health & safety programs * Leadership/supervisory experience (including negotiation, conflict resolution and coaching) Bonus Points for: * Chemical Engineering degree * Background in ISO 22000 Food Safety, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing * Experience working with unions Compensation & Hours The salary for this position is competitive with Sr. Level Operations Management positions. Referral Bonus We are offering a candidate referral bonus of $500.00 for this role – so if you think you know of someone, and that person ends up being the successful candidate (and passes a probationary period!), we will write you a cheque for $500.00.